Today we are announcing changes to Vigil plans and pricing. We are eliminating the multi-tiered pricing model, and Vigil will now be available under a single plan known as Vigil Essentials:
- Checks Every Minute
- 1 Week of History
- Email, Push, Slack, HipChat, and SMS Notifications
- Weekly Summary Report
- GET, POST, PUT, DELETE Method Support
- SMTP(s) Monitors
- Configure Custom Headers
- Custom Status Code Check
- Content Match Check (substring and regular expressions)
- Broken Link Checker
- Domain Expiration Warning
- API Access
Vigil Essentials is available on a per-host basis. Pay for only the number of hosts you are using, and add or remove hosts from your plan at any time. Never worry if you are paying for capacity you aren’t using again. As we have done with all previous pricing and plan changes, if you are an existing Vigil customer and happy with your current plan you can stay on it as long as you like.
Vigil Essentials is priced at $9.99 per month plus $2.99 for each host you wish to monitor. You can read more about the new Essentials plan on our pricing page.
Why are we making these changes?
When we first launched Vigil our core idea was to provide a simple, well-designed monitoring solution for a single low price so website owners that never considered monitoring could have the added security of knowing if their website was down all from the convenience of their phone. Since then we have been steadily expanding the features we offer customers, and along with those new services we expanded from one plan to multiple tiers, all with different options and price points. We realized we had gotten away from our original concept, and were starting to look more like every other competitor on the market.
We decided to re-evaluate our approach and get back to why we originally started Vigil: provide a simple monitoring solution at a great price. We believe the new Vigil Essentials plan does just that. We know there are lots of options when it comes to monitoring your websites—you can find everything from small services offering free checks to well-known providers with pages of offerings—but we believe Vigil Essentials provides a great value for the price:
- Full featured checks, including more complex options for users with advanced monitoring needs
- Easy-to-read weekly reports that let you know how your sites have been doing
- Multiple notification delivery mechanisms, including SMS, push, email, Slack and HipChat, with NO limit on the number of alerts
- Broad package of built-in tools such as broken link checking, domain expiration warnings, and SSL checking
Try Vigil Essentials today free for 14 days, or if you are an existing Vigil subscriber, upgrade your plan any time from your Account page.